Strawberry Basil Gin Slushies
We absolutely LOVE this summer cocktail recipe for Strawberry Basil Gin Slushies, made with our award-winning Seaside Strength 57% Navy Gin, created by food and drink blogger Rachel Phipps.
Rachel says: While these slushies are just a simple blend of strawberries, gin and ice (with a bit of maple syrup perhaps dashed in for sweetness if the punnet of berries you’ve picked up are not as sweet as you’d like), the basil garnish is pretty integral, so please do not skimp on it! Scent is important. If you threw the leaves in the blender too you’d just end up with a slightly brown, pungent mess. But, by garnishing each glass with a generous basil sprig you get the scent every time you lift the glass to take a sip, lifting the strawberry flavour without actually tasting it. Clever, right?
- 200g Fresh Strawberries, pitted and halved
- 100g Ice Cubes
- 1 x 50ml Double Shot Seaside Strength’ Brighton Gin
- 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Basil
Here’s how to make it:
- Whizz the strawberries, ice and gin together in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Taste and see if you need to add a little maple syrup for sweetness and blitz again.
- Divide between two glasses with a few extra to keep them cold, and garnish each with a basil sprig.
Follow this link to the full article on Rachel’s blog, and give her a follow on her socials for more gin-tastic ideas!