As a joint collaboration between unique creative space BRUSH and ourselves, we launch the Brighton Gin Art Prize 2018 as a way of celebrating the creative spirit and community of Brighton.
It is a recycling initative featuring our iconic Brighton Gin bottle and is open to all creatives (professional artists, students and amateurs).
You are invited to customise an empty and naked Brighton Gin bottle in whatever manner you choose.
There will be a cash prize of £150 as well as gin and merchandise to winners in each of the three categories – exhibited artist or student or amateur – as well as the chance to sell pieces via BRUSH and display work in shop windows across the city.
How To Enter
Entry is £3 which you pay to BRUSH when collecting your empty Brighton Gin bottle at 84, Gloucester Road, BN1 4AP. You may enter at any time up to the closing date (01/03/2018) when the last entries must be dropped off at BRUSH.
Please download this form, print it off and fill it in to take into BRUSH with you when collecting your bottle.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is open to national/international/amateur/professional creatives of all levels AGE 18+ and working in any media to customise in whatever manner they choose
- 1 bottle per entry
- Registration and entry submitted no later than 6pm on 1st March
- Entry registered on receipt of completed entry form and on payment of £3 and delivery of art work to 84 Gloucester Road, BN1 4AP no later than 6pm on 1st March
- Finalists will be announced on the afternoon of 9th March via Brighton Gin and BRUSH Gallery website and social feeds with winners announced at the private view at BRUSH Gallery on 9th March from 6:30pm
- Artists may submit one entry only into only one of the three categories;
- previously commericially exhibited artist
- studying or graduate artists from Higher Education visual arts course
- amateur – can be attending weekend or evening classes
- All entrants must be prepared to exhibit their work until 31st March at BRUSH Gallery Brighton with the option to sell if they wish (work to be priced in agreement with the artist on advice from BRUSH Gallery owner, Hizze Fletcher)
- All entrants must be prepared, should they win in their category for their work, to be ‘toured’ and displayed in 3 high end Brighton spirits shop windows and images of their work featured in the context of Brighton Gin Art Prize on Brighton Gin and BRUSH social and digital platforms and in editorial media
- All entrants have the right to retain their pieces